Time - a fleeting tastless thing
No way to control how fast it goes
Tick tock marches life - purposeless nothing
What is there to grasp onto against the flows?
In the end what matters most?
What will this all be worth when the shadows descend?
Will there be applause, a proud look, any happy host
Or will there just be me, alone, cold, lost in the end?
Do you know who you really are - inside your mind?
What are you doing here you pathetic lost trash
Not willing to defend yourself amongst mankind
Lost, confused, trying to steer but just crash
People around me have life and joy
I don't know myself, and cannot pursue my biggest dreams
Why can't I pursue what I love - this fake I would destroy
To be the man on the stage, the hero of extremes
But I sit here staring blandly at reality
Hating its cruel sneer and commanding presence
God, you've made me to be full, and I'm so empty
Parched, yearning for direction, to You my reverence
Guide me, lead me, take me, show me
I need You but not sure what to do
Please help me live now Lord
No comments:
Post a Comment