While reading this - think PURPOSE in MINISTRY - The problem with getting into ATI or Vision Forum ministries is thus: I want a list of check-boxes I can check off that take the gray areas of Scripture and make them black or white. If you trow some Scriptures at me with some big words and you live your life in a Christ-fearing manner, and some of my friends are like, "Dude, this is legit..." I'll probably jump on.
True there is no such thing as a perfect ministry/church/family/etc...but that being said you gotta find balance in the ministry - with Vision Forum, they seem to idolize fathers and sexism can quickly be the main rallying point of their ministry (coupled with Family Integrated Churches). Also with ATI, they seem to idolize singleness because Dr. Gothard is single and there are some verses about being single and how you can serve better single rather than married.
But there are ugly sides to both...both of which I have observed and sad to say have participated to some extent. What I'm learning about is that I can minister outside the red carpet and white pillars...outside of the "It Will Be Worth It All" hymn sings...that isn't what defines me.
I have to keep reminding myself that its not what I do, or where I've been that defines me - whether that be ALERT, West Point, Fire Department, NCFIC, or ATI...I'm a His child and that should be where the buck stops.
Don't let a list of legalistic rules replace God's Word and take your joy. True, you need to define your own line, and that line should be "Seek ye first"...but the gray areas are gray for a reason
No comments:
Post a Comment