Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Studying at Starbucks

So here I am again studying at Starbucks....yes Alisa I'm actually studying....ahem

Anyways I was thinking lately of what I should be doing with my life – more specifically, why did God give me such a passion for my country and not allow me to fight for it. Unless the surgery I go for in November works, I probably will be rendered a hazard to my soldiers if I attempt to lead in the Army. My mother suggested that I should try to serve my country outside of the military...but I'm not sure in what fashion that would take...and I know my passion is with the military – everything that it is, everything that it does...

As General MacArthur stated so aptly, “And through all this welter of change and development, your mission remains fixed, determined, inviolable: it is to win our wars.

The mission, the purpose, the camaraderie, it all appeals to me in a very deep way I cannot describe. I love it in a sense I cannot express.

Again to quote General MacArthur on the American Man-at-Arms, “My estimate of him was formed on the battlefield many, many years ago, and has never changed. I regarded him then as I regard him now -- as one of the world's noblest figures, not only as one of the finest military characters, but also as one of the most stainless. His name and fame are the birthright of every American citizen. In his youth and strength, his love and loyalty, he gave all that mortality can give.”

I ask God for direction...currently I am reading two books – Washington Rules: America's Path to Permanent War by Andrew Bacevich, and Conduct Unbecoming:How Barack Obama is Destroying The Military and Endangering Our Security by Robert “Buzz” Patterson. I am reading these books outside of my bachelor degree because I want to know what I believe about what our country is doing and where I stand with it. So that I know what is going on and why, and what I will do about it.

I am finished with being a passive listener, but a doer...not just a voter, but a leader. In order to be-know-do these things is to search to study to have an answer...I'm just looking for a starting point...the Bible, and then to find out how I can apply that to America today and how I can apply that to my passions. God guide me and give me a fire for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment